* This page contains affiliate links. Meaning at no cost to you, we may receive a tiny referral commission when you purchase through our links. (Full Disclosure)
Many parents are reluctant about the idea of camping with a baby or young kids, and we totally get it. Without the comfort of home and routines, it can be a very scary thing!
However, a camping trip is an opportunity for the family to reconnect and bond again. No technology, no work, no stress, just switch off from the daily grinds and really spend some quality time together as a family.
Yes, we’ve been there, trying to put together a last-minute camping trip but constantly getting interrupted with baby duties. That’s why we’ve put together this camping checklist from our very own experience and especially suited for families with young kids. It’s a collection of the essentials and gear required to have a lightweight camping holiday in comfort.
We hope this camping checklist printable will help you power through the planning part of your journey, so you can spend more time daydreaming about your holiday and less time stressing about what to bring.
♡ save it, pin it, share it
♥️ You might be interested in:
Before You Go
- Check weather forecast
- Check campsite amenities and facilities – this will determine whether you need some of the essentials below.
- Research things to do near your campsite
✫ Hot Tips
- Tent: We only use pop-up tents for convenience and efficiency, especially if you are due to arrive at the campsite in the evenings.
- Foam Pads: to elevate your tent from the grass for comfort and in case if it rains.
- Self-inflatable Mattress: We prefer self-inflatable mattresses as they are lighter to carry. We’ve had bad experiences with air beds where we’ve forgotten to bring a pump, and another time it deflated overnight.
- Pillow: we stacked up towels and clothing to save space in our small car, but inflatable pillows are good alternatives.
- Laundry Pegs: for wet clothing, and food storage.
Food & Drinks
Printable PDF Download
Interactive Packing List for Every Vacation
If you need a packing list for things like travel essentials, baby bag, beach vacations, camping, clothing and toiletries, be sure to use The Ultimate Interactive Packing List we’ve compiled for families just like yours.
This packing list is interactive, meaning you can tick them off after you pack to make sure nothing is left behind!
Don’t Be A Stranger!
Like, share and comment below if you find this post useful, or tag us on Instagram @kida_co!
In the meantime…
Did we miss anything in the camping checklist that is absolutely essentials to your family?